SVF Mentor Handbook
With the help of the Spokane Veterans Court and our fellow Mentors, we created a Handbook to help all Mentors serve their Mentees. This link takes you to that Handbook. Like other resources, this document is a work in process. It is a Handbook, not a Rulebook.
Mentor Handbook Updated: October 2022
The Handbook is a support document to the monthly Mentor Training. This meeting provides Mentors with knowledge and skills in the areas they need in order to be effective as Mentors.
SVF Mentor Qualifications
- Must pass criminal and personal background checks.
- Must meet one of the following criteria:
- Military Service: Currently serving or veteran with honorable or medical discharge.
- Successfully completed/graduated from the VET Court program and satisfied a six-month waiting period after graduation.
- Age is not a limiting factor.
VETERANS CRISIS LINE
PRESS “1” FOR IMMEDIATE HELP
SVF Mentor Application Forms
If you would like to work with the Spokane Veterans Forum, as a mentor, please submit the Mentor Application forms as instructed on the Personal Background Application Form.
The Spokane Veterans Forum has established a Policy document in the spirit that all people participating in SVF meetings and events will encounter a respectful, safe and supportive environment. These Policies establish standards that apply to all SVF volunteers and veteran defendants (Associates) participating in or directly connected to meetings sponsored or supported by SVF.